|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||100 Gram, chopped|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Grease a square cake pan.
2) Into the boiling water, stir in the soda.
3) Add mix over the dates.
4) In a bowl, combine and cream the sugar and shortening.
5) Add into the eggs and vanilla.
6) Combine the nuts and flour.
7) Add into the creamed mix alternating with the date mix.
8) Transfer into the cake pan.
9) Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
10) Serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream.