Citrus Grape Cake
|Dessert wine||8 Fluid Ounce, such as muscat de beaumes (225 Milliliter)|
|Light muscovado sugar||8 Ounce (200 Grams)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 Grams)|
|Orange zest||2 Tablespoon (Of 1 Orange)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon (Of 1 Lemon)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Plain flour||8 1⁄2 Ounce (225 Gram, Plus 1 Tablespoon, For Dusting)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Grapes||6 Ounce, halved and seeded (175 Grams)|
|Demerara sugar||5 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
2) Brush a 23 cm springform cake tin with olive oil, dust all over the pan with 1 tablespoon flour, discard any excess flour.
3) In a small pan, bring the wine to a boil, then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until reduced to 85 ml; allow to cool.
4) In a bowl, beat the Light muscovado sugar and butter together, until creamy and thoroughly combined.
5) Gradually beat in the eggs, then stir in the orange and lemon zests. 6) In a bowl, stir the cooled wine and olive oil together, then stir a little into the cake mix.
7) Then fold in 1/3 flour and baking powder. Alternately add the liquid and flour until the batter is smooth.
8) Spoon the batter into the prepared tin, smoothen the surface with the back of the spoon.
9) Top with the halved grapes and sprinkle over the Demerara sugar. 10) Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 mins until done.
11) Serve the Citrus Grape Cake warm or cool.