Banana Layer Cake
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), broken up|
|Ripe bananas||2 Medium, cut into 1 -inch pieces|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, blend flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a container of food processor, blend milk, eggs, vanilla, brown sugar and shortening by running the STIR blade for about 40 seconds.
4. Push ingredients towards blade using rubber spatula after stopping the motor.
5. Stir in banana pieces and push it down to mixture.
6. Run the food processor using STIR blade for about 20 seconds.
7. Stir in dry ingredients and blend until the dry ingredients get just moistened.
8. Spoon the mixture over 2 well-greased, floured 8-inch layer pans.
9. Bake the cake in moderate oven for about half an hour.
10. Serve banana layer cake with coffee.