|Stoned dates||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Mixed fruit||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Mixed peel||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Cold tea||1⁄4 Pint, strained (140 Milliliter)|
|Demerara sugar||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Vegan margarine||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Golden syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Wholemeal self raising flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Soya milk||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
1. Preheat the oven at 325°F/170°C (Gas Mark 3).
2. Grease and line a 7-inch (18 cm) round deep cake tin with greased greaseproof paper.
3. Chop the dates.
4. In a pan bring to simmering point placing the chopped dates with mixed dried fruits, peel, tea, sugar, margarine and syrup and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
6. When cold gradually mix in the sifted flour and bicarbonate of soda which has been dissolved in warm soya milk.
7. Mix thoroughly and add into a prepared tin.
8. Bake in the centre of a moderately slow preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours.
9. Allow the cake to cook a little before removing from tin.
10. Serve the cake as a snack, alongside beverage or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1724 Calories from Fat 461
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.4%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2927.7 mg122%
Total Carbohydrates 293 g97.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 118.2 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 48.5% Vitamin C 106.4%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet