Butter Sponge Cake
|Sifted flour||300 Gram|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||300 Gram|
|Lime juice/Vanilla essence||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven
2. Prepare the cake tin
3. Sift the flour with baking powder and set aside
4. In another bowl, cream the butter till soft and light
5. Sprinkle in sugar and beat till light and fluffy
6. Add one egg and beat well again
7. Add one tsp flour and then mix it in. Add eggs one at a time to the pan and beat well after each addition along with lime juice and vanilla essence.
8. Sprinkle in the flour one spoon at a time and fold gently with a spoon. Do not over beat. Quickly spoon this into the prepared pan and bake for 20-30 minutes till done.
9. Remove cake from the oven and let it cool in the tin in a draft-free area for about 5 minutes.
10. Serve at room temperature