Eve's Fruit Cake
|Barbados sugar/Brown sugar||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Vegan margarine||4 Ounce, softened at room temperature (115 Grams)|
|Plain wholemeal flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 Grams)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Soda bicarbonate||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cake spice||2 Teaspoon (1 Heaped Teaspoon)|
|Dried fruit||4 Ounce (115 Grams, Any Of Your Choice)|
|Chopped peel||1 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Agar-agar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required To Mix)|
1) Beat together sugar and margarine.
2) Sift together flour, cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda and cake spice and slowly add it to the creamed mixture.
3) Now, add fruit, dissolve agar-agar in a little water and mix in, adding water just enough.
4) Beat for 2 or 3 minutes.
5) Take a small cake tin and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
6) Then, cover the cake with greaseproof paper and reduce heat to 250 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until done.
7) Serve Eve-€™s fruit cake for a quick snack for tea.