|Sifted flour||365 Gram|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (1 Heaped Teaspoon)|
|Powdered cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Large, rind grated|
|Castor sugar||285 Gram|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crystallized orange peel slices||5|
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (325T)
2. Prepare the cake tin
3. Sift the flour with baking powder, salt and cinnamon
4. Cream the butter in another bowl till soft and light.
5. Add the lime rind to this and beat well again. Sprinkle in sugar, one spoon at a time, and beat till light and fluffy
6. Add one egg and beat well again. Sprinkle in flour and beat well again.
7. Add the vanilla essence and mix well again
8. Fold in the flour into the mix using a metal spoon with a little milk. Tip this mixture into a prepared cake tin. Bake for 30 minutes till done.
9. Gently place the crystallized orange peel on top of a cake can continue to bake for 30 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 160°C (325T) and bake for 20-25 minutes further.
10. Set aside cake to cool in a draft free area
11. Serve at room temperature