Small Fruit Cakes
|Wholemeal flour||6 Ounce (170 Grams)|
|Soya flour||1 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Wheatgerm||1 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Vegan margarine||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Fruit sugar||2 Ounce (55 Grams)|
|Dried fruit||4 Ounce (115 Grams)|
|Chopped peel||2 Ounce (55 Grams)|
|Cake spice||2 Teaspoon (1 Heaped Teaspoon)|
|Soda bicarbonate||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Rather Less Than 1 Teaspoon)|
|Coconut||2 Ounce (55 Grams)|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated and juiced|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Water||6 Fluid Ounce (140-170 Milliliter, To Mix)|
1) Sift together flours and wheatgerm.
2) Beat together fat and fruit sugar well.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine flours and fruit and all remaining ingredients along with water (or vegetable milk) until the batter just soft enough to beat. Beat briskly for 3 minutes.
4) Spoon the batter into 24 paper cases or tins and bake for 18 minutes at 375 degrees /190 degrees in the centre of oven.
5) Decorate it with pieces of angelica, walnut or glace cherries just before baking.
6) Serve small fruit cake with tea or coffee.