|For the cake:|
|Batter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Carrot, As Needed)|
|For the glaze:|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Pink grapefruit juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley/Scented geranium / mint leaves and parsley stems||1 Tablespoon|
|Grapefruit slices/Starfruit slices||1 (Thin Slice)|
1. Preheat the oven at350°F (180°C).
2. Grease and flour 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking pan and line bottom with waxed paper.
3. Separate rosebud into petals.
To make the cake :
4. Into the greased pan pour batter and bake in oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
5. Let it cool in pan for 10 minutes.
6. Turn out onto rack, turn cake right side up and let cool.
7. Cover cake and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until chilled.
8. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over grapefruit juice and let stand for 2 to 5 minutes until softened.
9. Warm over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
10. Stir in 2 or 3 drops red food coloring (if using).
11. Remove from heat and transfer gelatin mixture to small bowl.
12. Place in larger bowl of ice water.
13. Let stand, stirring frequently, for 20 to 30 minutes just until slightly thickened.
14. To assemble, place cake on serving platter.
15. Tuck pieces of waxed paper underneath cake to collect any drips from glaze.
16. Using pastry brush, spread thin layer of glaze over top and sides of cake and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until set.
17. Brush second thin layer of glaze over cake.
18. For Decoration:
19. Arrange petals, leaves and parsley stems in floral design over cake.
20. Separate grapefruit slice into 4 or 6 sections and arrange on cake.
21. Carefully spoon remaining glaze over cake decoration.
22. Remove waxed paper and cover loosely and refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to 6 hours.