Barry & Phoebe make a cake for Nanny Anne with peaches and cream.
1 Tablespoon (For greasing)
Self rising flour
200 Gram (at room temperature)
1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take two baking tins of equal size, line with parchment paper and grease with butter and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sieve baking powder and self-raising flour.
4. Crack open the eggs into the bowl.
5. Add in the caster sugar and softened butter and whisk the mixture well.
6. Add in the milk and mix again to correct the consistency.
7. In a bowl, take the peaches, add in the brown sugar and stir well until the peaches are well-coated.
8. Arrange the peaches on the greased baking tin.
9. Pour half of the cake mixture on top of the arranged peaches and layer well.
10. Pour rest of the mixture on another baking tin.
11. Put the tins in the oven and bake the cakes for 20 minutes.
12. In another bowl, take the vanilla essence, castor sugar, cloy cream and mix well.
13. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool.
14. Grab a plate and flip the tin. Cake will come off easily.
15. Slather the cream on top of the cake.
16. Now turnover the peach cake on top of it, sprinkle some icing sugar on top and your cake is ready.