Eggless Chocolate Cake
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F (Gas 2)
2. Grease an 8-inch square or round cake tin with oil.
3. Into a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together and keep aside
4. Stir in the oil.
5. Add milk and mix quickly and lightly.
6. Turn the batter into the greased tin.
7. Bake on middle level of preheated oven, until spongy to touch, about 40 to 45 minutes.
8. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
9. Frost the cake with chocolate fudge icing or with water icing and decorate with cherries, if desired.
10. Cut into squares or wedges and serve cake as a dessert or as a teatime treat.