Chocolate Fudge Cake
|Crisco||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce, melted and cooled (2 Squares, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Grease and flour a 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
3. In a medium bowl, using a sieve, sift flour with soda, and salt; keep aside.
4. In a large mixer bowl, beat together Crisco and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
5. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
6. Beat in eggs until well combined.
7. Alternately add flour mixture and water to the creamed mixture and beat after each addition.
8. Into the baking pan, spread batter and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
9. Arrange nut halves on top.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until cake is done.
11. Let the cake cool in pan.
12. Cut cake into squares and serve.