|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Melted crisco||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Crisco||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use As Needed For Deep Frying)|
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; keep aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together eggs and sugar.
3. Add milk and 1/3 cup Crisco; mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the egg mixture and beat until smooth.
5. Cover and refrigerate dough for about 2 hours until chill.
6. Lightly flour a surface and roll dough to 3/8 inch thickness.
7. Using a floured doughnut cutter, cut the rolled dough.
8. In a skillet, heat Crisco to 375° Fahrenheit and deep fry doughnuts until golden on both sides.
9. Drain over paper towels.
10. Immediately roll doughnuts in granulated sugar to coat surface.
11. Serve Cake Doughnuts with beverages or alone as snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6823 Calories from Fat 4610
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 504 g775%
Saturated Fat 127.8 g638.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 853.4 mg284.5%
Sodium 2471.9 mg103%
Total Carbohydrates 477 g159%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.4%
Sugars 140.3 g
Protein 73 g145.7%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 136.6% Iron 143%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet