Sugar - ½ cup
Grated coconut - 3 tbps finely grated
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Soda bicarbonate and sugar - 1 big pinch
Cashewnuts - 50 grams, chopped
Semolina - 1 ½ cups
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Take a skillet, add little ghee and fry semolina until it turns red.
3. Stir in cucumber, sugar, coconut, turmeric, salt, soda. The proportion of semolina varies depending on the water content of the vegetable.
4. Don-€™t add any liquid.
5. Stir in the cashew nuts and spoon the mixture over greased baking dish.
6. Top the mixture with few blobs of butter and bake in a slow oven until the top of the cake gets nicely browned.
7. Serve the cucumber cake with tomato sauce or as a snack.