|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Applesauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), canned|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, cream the butter, then gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Gradually beat in the eggs, beating well after each addition.
4) In another bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice together.
5) Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the applesauce.
6) Stir in the raisins and pecans; mix thoroughly.
7) In a greased and lightly floured 13x9x2-inch pan, turn the batter.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until done.
9) Allow the cake to cool in the pan.
10) Slice and serve the Applesauce Cake on a platter.