Orchard Apple Cake
Unsalted butter - 1 cup, softened
Eggs - 2, lightly beaten
Flour - 2 cups
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Freshly grated nutmeg - 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon juice - 2 teaspoons, and grated rind of 1 lemon
Jonathan apples - 5 cups, finely chopped
Walnuts - 1 cup, chopped
Whipping cream - 1 cup, whipped (optional)
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till the mixture is fluffy.
3) Beat in the eggs.
4) In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
5) Add the mixture to the creamed ingredients and mix till just blended.
6) Add the lemon juice and rind and beat well.
7) Fold in the apple and nuts. Mix well.
8) Pour the batter into a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Let the cake cool.
10) Place the cooled cake on a serving plate and cut into squares. Use whipped cream to garnish, if preferred. Serve right away. Makes an excellent dessert.