Chocolate Cake With Cake Flour
Sugar - 1 2/3 cups
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Milk -2/3 cup
Crisco - 1/2 cup
Unsweetened chocolate - 3 squares (1 ounce each) , melted and cooled
Eggs - 3
Milk - 273 cup
Vanilla - 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 350° and grease and flour 2 - 9x1 1/2-inches round layer pans.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, soda and baking powder and mix well till combined.
3. Add the 2/3 cup milk, the Crisco, and melted chocolate to the bowl and beat well again with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes
4. Add the eggs to the bowl along with the 2/3rd cup milk and the vanilla and beat well again for 2 minutes. Pour into the greased pans and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Serve at room temperature
Instead of one cake, two cakes can be prepared by using two 8x1 1/2-inch pans