Apple Nut Coffee Cake
Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
Vanilla - 1/2 teaspoon
Flour - 1 cup, sifted
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1/8 teaspoon
Dairy sour cream - 1/2 cup
Apple - 3/4 cup, finely chopped, pared
Nuts - 1/4 cup, chopped
Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
Cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
Butter -1 tablespoon or margarine - 1 tablespoon, melted
1. In a medium bowl, mix together flour with baking powder, soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, toss nuts with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter; keep aside.
3. Grease a 8x8x2-inch baking pan with butter.
4. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat Crisco and granulated sugar until creamed.
6. Beat in egg and vanilla.
7. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to the creamed mixture.
8. Add apples and fold them in the batter.
9. Into the greased pan, spread batter and sprinkle nuts mixture over the top.
10. Bake in preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes.
11. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan; then remove from pan.
12. Serve warm Wrap coffee cake.
Cake can be wrapped in foil and frozen until use. Before serving, heat cake wrapped in foil at 350° Fahrenheit until heated through, uncover and heat for another 10 minutes and serve.