Pumpkin Pound Cake
Granulated sugar - 1 1/4 cups
Crisco - 1 1/4 cups
Eggs - 4
Pumpkin - 1 can (16 ounces)
Flour - 3 cups, sifted
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Baking soda - 2 teaspoons
Cinnamon - 3 1/2 teaspoons
Nutmeg - 1 teaspoon
Allspice - 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
Pecans - 1/2 cup, chopped
BUTTER RUM SAUCE
Granulated sugar - 1 cup
Cornstarch - 2 tablespoons
Water - 1 1/3 cups
Rum -3 tablespoons or rum flavoring - 1 1/4 teaspoons
Butter - 3 tablespoons
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, using a sieve, sift flour with salt, soda and spices.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together sugars, Crisco, and eggs.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Add pumpkin; stir to mix.
6. Gradually add flour mixture and blend in the creamed mixture; beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in nuts.
8. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
9. Into the prepared tube pan, pour the pumpkin mixture.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes.
11. Let the cake cool in pan for 15 minutes; remove from pan.
12. In a saucepan, mix together 1 cup granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
13. Stir in 1 1/3 cups water and cook for about 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
14. Remove pan from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons butter and rum or rum flavoring.
15. Slice Pumpkin Pound Cake into wedges.
16. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle Butter Rum Sauce on top.