Tea Time Cake
|Crisco||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium bowl, using a sieve, sift flour with baking powder, soda and salt; keep aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon; keep aside.
3. Grease a 10 inch tube pan with butter.
4. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
5. In a mixer bowl, beat together Crisco, granulated sugar and eggs until creamy.
6. Beat in sour cream.
7. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until well blended.
8. Into the greased pan, pour half of the batter and sprinkle raisins and half of the nuts mixture.
9. Spoon remaining batter over the top and bake cake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
10. Slice and serve warm Sour Cream Cake.
Leftover cake can be wrapped in foil and freezed. Before serving, heat cake in foil for 20 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit and warm it uncovered for another 10 minutes.