Party Drum Cake
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Buttermilk - 1 cup or sour milk - 1 cup
Crisco - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 2
Vanilla - 2 teaspoons
Semi-sweet chocolate chips - 1 cup (6-ounce package), melted and cooled
Fluffy Frosting - as needed
Red licorice strips - as needed
Black licorice strips - 2
Red Gumdrops - as needed
1. Grease and flour two 8x1 1/2-inch round layer cake pans with butter.
2. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
3. In a large mixer bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
4. Add Crisco, egg, buttermilk and vanilla; using an electric mixer, mix at low speed to blend ingredients.
5. Then, increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
6. In a medium bowl, take 1 cup batter and mix melted chocolate in it.
7. Into each of the greased pans, pour the light or plain batter and spoon dark or chocolate batter unevenly over the light batter.
8. Using a knife, pull batter in wide curves for a marbled effect.
9. Bake the cake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
10. Let the cake cool down completely.
11. Frost cake with fluffy frosting and decorate bottom and top edges with small red gumdrops.
12. On the sides of the cake, stick red licorice strips in criss-cross fashion.
13. Keep two black licorice sticks crossed for drumstick effect.
14. Place 1 large red gumdrop on the top of black sticks.
15. Present Party Drum Cake for cutting.