Individual Fruit Cake
Light brown sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Eggs - 4
Flour - 3 cups
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 2 teaspoons
Cinnamon - 2 teaspoons
Allspice - 2 teaspoons
Cloves - 1 teaspoon
Fresh orange juice - 1 cup
Brandy - 1/3 cup
Candied fruit - 1 package of 8 ounces
Candied pineapple - 1 package of 4 ounces
Candied cherries - 1 package of 4 ounces
Dates - 2 cups, chopped
Pecans - 2 cups, chopped
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and oil till well combined.
3) Add the eggs and beat till the mixture is light.
4) Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture.
5) Add the remaining mixture to the egg mixture alternately with the brandy and orange juice.
6) Mix together the reserved dry ingredients with the candied fruits.
7) Into the batter, stir the pecans, dates and fruit mixture.
8) With the batter, fill the cupcake liners.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the center of the fruitcakes emerges clean.
10) Transfer the cakes to a serving plate and serve warm, at room temperature or slightly chilled. Makes a good dessert.