Holiday Pumpkin Cake Roll With Cheese Filling
Sugar - 1 cup
Cooked pumpkin puree - 2/3 cup
Fresh lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
Flour - 3/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon - 2 teaspoons
Ginger - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Freshly grated nutmeg - 1/2 teaspoon
Pecans - 1 cup, finely chopped
Whipped cream (optional)
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, beat together the pumpkin, eggs and lemon juice with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes.
3) In another bowl, soft together the baking powder, flour, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
4) Into the dry ingredients, fold the pumpkin mixture.
5) Into a greased and flour 10x15-inch jelly roll pan, pour the mixture.
6) Sprinkle nuts all over.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8) Onto a smooth towel, turn out the preparation and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
9) Starting at the narrow end, roll up the towel and let the cake cool.
10) Unroll the cake, spread it with cheese filling and re-roll.
11) Wrap the cake in foil. Chill till it is time to serve.
12) Place the chilled cake on a serving platter and serve after slicing into wedges. Makes an excellent dessert.