Tomato Spice Cake
All-purpose flour - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 1/3 cups
Baking powder - 4 teaspoons
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Allspice -1 1/2 teaspoons
Cinnamon -1 teaspoon
Ground cloves -1/2 teaspoon
Condensed tomato soup - 1 can (10 3/4 ounces)
Shortening - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 2
Water - 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven or bundt pan to 350°F.
2. Take an oblong pan measuring 13x9x2 inches or 2 round layer pans measuring 8 or 9 inches. Grease and flour them.
3. Take a bowl and add flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder into it.
4. Stir in shortening and soup into the bowl containing dry ingredients.
5. Process it at low speed using an electric mixer. Scrap the dough from the bottom and sides of the bowl.
6. Stir in water and eggs and process for 2 more minutes, by scraping bowls frequently.
7. Pour the mixture into floured pans and place it in the oven.
8. Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
9. Remove the baked cake from pan and allow it to cool on rack.
If cooking by Bundt Pan then
10. Bake the dough in well -greased and lightly floured2 ½ quart Bundt pan for about 50-60 minutes.
11. Remove the cake from pan after cooling it in pan by keeping the right side up.
12. Serve after sprinkling with confectioners-€™ sugar or after decorating it with cream cheese frosting.