Crunchy Cider Cake
|For the cake:|
|Self-raising flour||1⁄2 Pound|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sweet cider||1⁄4 Pint|
|For the topping:|
|Self-raising flour||1 Ounce|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Grease a detatchable cake tin and line with greased non-stick parchment paper.
3) Into a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder. Add in pieces of butter. Mix to get a crumbly mixture.
4) Add in sugar and lemon rind. Next, add in egg and cider. Stir to mix all well.
5) Transfer the mixture to the cake tin, smoothening the top.
6) For the topping, mix flour and sugar in a bowl. Add in melted butter and mix well to get a crumbly mixture.
7) Bake the cake for 40 minutes till it turns golden brown.
8) Let the cake cool for 5 minutes in its tin itself. Unmould it onto a wire rack and take off the paper lining.Let cool down completely.
9) Freeze the cake, if you want, at this stage. Wrap the cake in cling film and then in a freezer bag. Freeze till use.
10) Serve the Crunchy Cider Cake sprinkled with icing sugar.
11) To thaw the frozen cake, let thaw at room tempertaure for 4 hours.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2407 Calories from Fat 874
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g153%
Saturated Fat 60.2 g301%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 455.3 mg151.8%
Sodium 3725.7 mg155.2%
Total Carbohydrates 352 g117.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 153.6 g
Protein 33 g65.1%
Vitamin A 61.6% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 129.1% Iron 74.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet