|Butter||5 Ounce, softened|
|Castor sugar||14 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain chocolate||3 Ounce, melted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate butter cream icing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Made With 4 Ounce Icing Sugar, For Filling)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease two 9-inch layer cake pans. Line the pans with greased non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, add in butter, sugar and eggs. Beat it till it becomes light and fluffy. Stir in the melted chocolate.
4) Stir together flour, baking powder and salt into the creamed mixture alternating with the water.
5) Transfer the mixture into the tins. Bake for 30 minutes.
6) Let the cake cool down completely. Spread the chocolate butter cream icing in the middle of the cakes and sandwich them together.
7) Freeze the cake at this stage by freezing till it becomes firm.
8) Wrap the cake in a cling film and pack into a freezer bag. Freeze till further use.
9) Serve the Fudge Cake with chocolate butter cream icing. Dust with powdered sugar.
10) To thaw the frozen cake, let it rest at room temperature for 4 hours.
11) Serve as in step 9.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7466 Calories from Fat 1735
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g308.6%
Saturated Fat 102.7 g513.7%
Trans Fat 10.3 g
Cholesterol 727.8 mg242.6%
Sodium 1512.8 mg63%
Total Carbohydrates 1304 g434.8%
Dietary Fiber 29.5 g118.1%
Sugars 598.5 g
Protein 111 g222.2%
Vitamin A 80.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 80.3% Iron 263.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet