Lazy Day Loaf Cake
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease a 4 1/2 X 8 1/2 inch loaf pan and dust with flour.
3) In a small saucepan, melt the butter and allow to cool.
4) In a large bowl, beat the eggs until thick then beat in honey .
5) In a small bowl, sift the whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour and baking powder together.
6) Gradually beat into egg mixture, blend thoroughly.
7) Beat in hot water, almond extract and melted butter.
8) In the prepared pan, turn the mixture and bake on middle shelf of the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
9) Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
10) Serve the Lazy Day Loaf Cake on a serving platter.
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 185.3 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 20.9 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet