Cranberry Nut Cakes
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, lightly with butter and dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl, sift the whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
4) Stir in honey, oil, buttermilk, eggs and orange extract and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
5) Stir in the chopped cranberries and walnuts.
6) Spoon the mixture equally in the prepared pans and bake on middle shelf of the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
7) Allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then turn out on wire racks to cool down.
8) Slice and serve the Cranberry Nut Cakes on a platter.