Ginger Ring Cake
|For the cake:|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Black treacle||6 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||2 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce|
|Icing sugar||4 Ounce (To Make Glace Icing)|
|Crystallised ginger||2 (For The Garnishing)|
|Candied angelica||1 Tablespoon (For The Garnishing)|
1) Preheat the oven to 300F.
2) Grease a 9-inch ring mould. Dust it over with flour.
3) Into a bowl, sift in flour, mixed spice, baking soda and ginger.
4) Add in the butter, black treacle, golden syrup, milk, eggs and castor sugar. Beat for about 3 minutes.
5) Transfer the batter into the ring mould. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. The cake must be firm to touch.
6) Let cool down completely.
7) If you want to freeze the cake, wrap in cling film. Keep it in the freezer in a freezer bag.
8) Serve the Ginger Ring Cake with icing poured on top. Let the icing run down the sides of the cake.
9) Quickly, while the icing is still runny, arrange the crystallized ginger and candied angelica on the cake.
10) To thaw the frozen cake, set as room temperature for 4 hours.
11) Serve as in steps 8 and 9.