Lemon Pudding Cake
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush a 1 1/2 quart casserole lightly with butter.
3) In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
4) Beat in the cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
5) In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks.
6) In an airtight jar, shake the skim milk and flour together, then beat into the egg yolks.
7) Stir in rest of the ingredients and blend thoroughly.
8) Stir a little yolk mixture into the whites, then fold the whites into the yolk mixture.
9) In the prepared casserole, turn the mixture and place in a pan of hot water on bottom shelf of oven.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
11) Serve the Lemon Pudding Cake on dessert plates.