Coffee And Chocolate Marble Cake
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Pound|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Pound|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Self-raising flour||10 Ounce|
|Plain chocolate||3 Ounce, melted|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate butter cream icing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Made With 4 Ounce Butter For The Finish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a deep 8-inch round cake tin with greased non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, add in butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Beat till it becomes light anf fluffy.
4) Add in the eggs, one by one, and slowly fold in the flour to get an even blend.
5) Divide the cake mixture into two equal portions. Into one portion mix in melted chocolate and to the other portion add in the instant coffee powder.
6) Into the cake, transfer the mixture alternating the chocolate and coffee layers. Bake for 40 minutes or till the cake is firm to touch.
7) Let the cake cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool down completely. Slice the cake in half and spread the chocolate butter cream in between like a sandwich.
8) If you want to freeze the cake at this stage, wrap in cling film and then in a freezer bag. Freeze till further use.
9) Serve the Coffee and Chocolate Marble Cake garnished with a sprinkling of sugar on top.
10) To thaw the cake, keep at room temperature for about 2 to 3 hours.
11) Serve as in step 9.