Christmas Ring Cake
|Soft margarine||4 Ounce (tub type)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||5 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||4 Drop|
|Holly sprig||1 (for garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease an 8-inch ring mould.
3) In a warm bowl, add in pieces of margarine.
4) Next, add in sugar, honey, eggs, flour, baking powder and milk. Beat well for a minute to get a smooth mixture.
5) Transfer the mixture into the ring mould.
6) Bake for about 35 minutes.
7) Unmould onto a wire rack and let the cake cool down.
8) For the icing, mix sugar, egg white, water and vanilla essence in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water. Beat till it becomes light and fluffy. The icing must fall off like a ribbon from the beater.
9) Drizzle the icing over the cake and swirl it using a palette knife. Let the icing set.
10) To freeze the cake at this stage, keep in the freezer till it firms up. Pack it in a rigid container. Freeze.
11) To thaw the cake, set at roo temperature for 4 hours.
12) Place the candle in the centre of the cake. Garnish with the holly sprig.