Beautiful Baked Alaska
|Raspberry rum sherbet||1 Quart, softened|
|Cake loaf||1 , cut lengthwise into 4 pieces|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre heat an oven at 225 C (450 F).
2. Cling wrap a round 2 quart size bowl from all sides.
3. Place sherbet in it and spread evenly.
4. Cover again with cling wrap and freeze till firm.
5. On a baking sheet, place slices of cake around each other and trim off edges in order to get a large cake circle which is 2 inches larger in diameter than frozen sherbet disc.
6. Discard cling wrap from frozen sherbet and place on cake.
7. Cover again with fresh cling wrap and freeze till firm.
8. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat till soft peak stage.
9. Add cream of tartar, honey and vanilla and beat till stiff peak stage.
10. Spread this egg white mixture over frozen cake and bake in pre heated oven on middle rack for 4 minutes or till meringue is golden brown in colour.
11. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside.
12. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.