Tipsy Drizzle Cake
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft margarine||6 Ounce (tub type)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
|Eggs||3 Large, beaten|
|Oranges||2 , rind finely grated|
|For orange syrup|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Oranges||2 , freshly juiced|
|Plain chocolate||4 Ounce, broken into pieces|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a 2 pound loaf tin. Line it with greased non-stick parchment paper.
3) Into a bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Add in the margarine, castor sugar, eggs, milk and orange rind. Beat well for about 3 minutes.
4) Transfer the batter to the cake tin. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
5) Unmould onto a wire rack. Take the paper lining out and allow the cake to cool down completely.
6) For the orange syrup, in a pan beat orange juice and sugar till the sugar dissolves completely. Add in the cointreau.
7) Take the cake and carefully make diagonal slits across the top. Pour in the orange syrup over the cake and into the slits.
8) To freeze the cake at this stage, wrap in cling film and place in the freezer bag. Keep frozen till ready to use.
9) In a heatproof bowl, add chocolate and butter. Place the bowl in a pan of slowly simmering water. Stir a few times till the chcocolate has melted compltely.
10) Pour the chocolate sauce over the cake, allowing it to drizzle down the top.
11) To thaw the frozen cake, set at room temperature for 4 hours.
12) Serve as in steps 9 and 10.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4204 Calories from Fat 1788
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g309.3%
Saturated Fat 52.9 g264.3%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 667.9 mg222.6%
Sodium 4203.7 mg175.2%
Total Carbohydrates 566 g188.8%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.2%
Sugars 411.2 g
Protein 47 g93.4%
Vitamin A 50.9% Vitamin C 477%
Calcium 155.4% Iron 87.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet