Walnut Cream Cake
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||3 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Butter 2 sandwich tins of 8-inches each. Use greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment to line the bottoms.
3) In a bowl, put the eggs and sugar and beat well till the mixture is light and fluffy.
4) Sift together the flour and cocoa and fold in the mixture, alternately with the walnuts.
5) Between the prepared tins, divide the mixture equally.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
7) Turn the cakes out onto a wire rack and take off the paper lining. Leave to cool completely.
8) If you want to freeze the cakes, flash freeze them first till they are firm and then pack in a rigid container. Seal, label and freezer.
9) To make the mixture that holds the cakes together, whip together the vanilla essence, cream and sugar.
10) If using frozen cakes, first remove them from the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature for about 3 hours. Make the mixture as directed in Step 11.
11) Use the creamed mixture to sandwich the cakes together.
12) Transfer the cake to a decorative cake plate and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. Makes an excellent dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2452 Calories from Fat 1553
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 175 g269.7%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 1293.9 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 103.7 g
Protein 41 g83%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 43.6% Iron 54.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet