Whisked Sponge Cake
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, whipped|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Line two 8 inch layered cake pans with non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a heatproof bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Beat till the mixture becomes creamy.
4) Take the bowl off the heat. Beat for 2 more minutes. Sift in the flour into the bowl. Fold in to mix.
5) Transfer the mixture into the two pans equally. Bake for about 30 minutes till the cake is firm to touch.
6) Let the cake cool down on a rack.
7) Spread jam and whipped cream on one of the cakes. Place the other layer over it like a sandwich.
8) Freeze the cake wrapped in a cling foil inside the freezer bag.
9) Serve the Whisked Sponge Cake with a sprinkling of sugar on top.
10) To thaw the cake, place in the refrigerator overnight.
11) Serve as in step 9.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1729 Calories from Fat 687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.5%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 226.1 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 227 g75.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 151.6 g
Protein 30 g59.2%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 38.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet