Orange Sandwich Layer Cake
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Orange||1 , rind finely chopped|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Orange butter cream||4 Ounce (made with 4 ounce of icing sugar)|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon (extra for sprinkling)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease two 7-inch layer cake pans. Line their base with greased non-stick parchment papers.
3) In a bowl, add in butter, sugar and orange rind. Beat to get a light, fluffy mixture. Add in the eggs, one by one, and continue to beat.
4) Add in the flour and the orange juice. Mix well.
5) Transfer the mixture into the cake pans. Bake for about 30 minutes until the cake rises and becomes a golden color.
6) Let cool in their moulds. Then, unmould and cool completely at room temperature.
7) Layer butter cream over one cake and top it with the second layer like a sandwich.
8) If you want to freeze the cake, wrap it in cling foil. Transfer into a freezer bag. Freeze till use.
9) Sprinkle the cake with castor sugar before serving.
10) To thaw the frozen cake, let it sit at room temperature for about 4 hours.
11) Serve as in step 9.