Tomato Spice Cake
|Cake flour/All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Allspice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Grease the 13 by 9 by 2 inch of baking pan with butter and dust with 1 tablespoon of flour.
3) In a bowl, mix together tomato soup and soda.
4) In another bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt.
5) Mix the tomato soup mixture with the flour mixture
6) Beat in eggs, oil, nuts, raisins and fruit juice.
7) Mix the flour well together.
8) Pour batter into baking pan.
9) Bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
10) Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, and then turn out on serving plate.
11) Slice into squares and dust top with confectioners' sugar to serve.