Banana and Walnut Frosted Cake
|Dark brown sugar||4 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, chopped|
|Icing sugar||6 Ounce, sifted|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter and beat well together till a light and fluffy mixture is formed. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time.
3) Fold the flour into the mixture and then add the bananas, ground ginger and walnuts. Stir well.
4) Into a lightly greased 7 inch cake tin, spoon the mixture.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
6) Turn the cake out onto a wire rack. Leave to cool.
7) If you wish to freeze the cake for future use, do it now by first flash freezing the cake till it is firm, wrapping it in a cling film and packing in a freezer bag. Seal the bag, label and store in the freezer.
8) To make the frosting, in a heatproof bowl, out the milk and butter and stand it over a pan of gently simmering water. Let the butter melt.
9) Take the mixture off the heat and beat in the icing sugar very gradually, along with the ginger, till the mixture is thick and smooth.
10) If using frozen cake, first remove the wrappings and let the cake thaw at room temperature for about 4 hours. Make the frosting as directed in Steps 8 and 9.
11) Place the cake on a serving platter and spread the frosting over the cake-'s top. With the prongs of a fork, mark the surface and let the frosting set.
12) Serve the cake on a decorative cake plate or serving platter. Can be served chilled or at room temperature. Makes an excellent dessert as well as a party treat for birthdays and other occasions.