Citrus Drizzle Cake
|Orange||1 , freshly juiced|
|Lemon||1 , freshly juiced|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Plain chocolate||4 Ounce, roughly broken pieces|
1) In a pan, add in the orange juice and lemon juice along with the sugar. Heat on low flame till the sugar dissolves completely.
2) Take a store-bought cake and make slits across the top.
3) Drizzle the citrusy syrup over the cake. Keep aside.
4) In a heatproof bowl, add in the chocolate and butter. Place over a pan of simmering hot water. Let the chocolate melt, while stirring a few times.
5) Take the chocolate topping and spread over the cake in swirls.
6) You can freeze the cake, by first freezing the cake till it becomes firm. Place in a freezer bag. Place in the freezer once again till further use.
7) Serve the Cake with slices of lemon and orange, if desired.
8) Thaw the cake by letting it rest for 4 hours at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1496 Calories from Fat 698
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g123.9%
Saturated Fat 49.3 g246.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 20.5 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 210 g69.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.9%
Sugars 189.8 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 193.7%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet