Holiday Angel Cake Dessert
|Jelly powder||3 Ounce (1 packet, any flavor)|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ice cream||1 Quart (1 block)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh strawberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, place water to boil.
2. Once it boils, add jelly powder and mix well.
3. Remove off flame and add lemon juice and ice cream.
4. Using a whisk beat well and refrigerate till it starts to set.
5. Once partially set, remove and whisk again.
6. Place angel cake on a serving platter and pour prepared mixture all over it uniformly.
7. Refrigerate for minimum 3 hours or till well set.
8. In a medium sized bowl, combine whipped cream, icing sugar and vanilla and mix well.
9. Ice cake with prepared frosting and top with strawberries.
10. Cut into individual pieces and serve chilled.
You can also flavour whipped cream with some jelly powder to give a distinct colour and flavour.