Pink Cloud Birthday Cake
|Butter||6 Ounce, softened|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Pink food coloring||3 Drop|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Strawberry jam||5 Tablespoon, warmed, sieved|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Butter two 7-inch layer cake pans. Line the base with a buttered non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
4) Beat in the eggs one by one. Slowly, fold in the flour.
5) Divide the cake batter into two equal batches. Beat in food colouring into one batch of the cake batter.
6) Mix together milk and cocoa and pour into the other batch of batter.
7) Alternate the pink and chocolate layers while pouring both batters into the cake pans.
8) Bake for 20 minutes.
9) Transfer the cake onto a wire rack. Take off the paper lining and let them cool down completely.
10) In a pan, add in the marshmallows. Keep a few aside for garmish.
11) Into the pan, add 3 tablespoons of jam along with lemon juice. Heat over a low flame until the marshmallows melt. Keep stirring.
12) Let the mixture cool down. When it is just starting to set, spread half the amount of mixture over one of the cakes. Spread the remaining mixture over the second cake.
13) Place the cakes one over the other. Spread the top with the marshmallow mixture.
14) To freeze the cake transfer into a rigid container and freeze.
15) Slice the decoration marshmallows into little pieces. Spread them over the edges of the cake.
16) If frozen thaw the cake about 4 hours prior to serving by keeping at room temperature. Serve as in step 15.