My Favorite Dessert Cake
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|For bavarian icing|
|Plain gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 sheet/ envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated into yolks and whites|
|White sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pineapple/Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mini marshmallows||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine salt, sugar and egg yolks. Mix well and keep aside.
3. In a large sized sauce pan, keep water for boiling.
4. In a large sized bowl, pour juice and place over hot water.
5. Add egg mixture and cook till mixture thickens. Stir occasionally using a whisk.
6. Add soaked gelatin and mix well till dissolved.
7. Remove bowl from hot water and refrigerate till it starts to set.
8. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat till stiff.
9. Once juice mixture is partially set, remove and whisk again.
10. Add egg whites and rest of the ingredients and fold gently using a rubber spatula.
11. Place angel cake on a deep serving platter and pour prepared mixture all over it uniformly.
12. Refrigerate for minimum 3 hours or till well set.
13. Cut into pieces and serve chilled.