Light Fruit Cake
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||6 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Mixed dried fruit||4 Ounce|
|Glaced cherries||2 Ounce, chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Grease a round cake tin of 7 inches. Use greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment to line it.
3) Sift the flour and baking powder together.
4) In a bowl, put the butter and sugar. Beat well till the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time.
5) Fold in the sifted mixture, add the remaining ingredients and stir well till the contents have combined properly together.
6) Into the prepared tin, spoon the mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 ¾ to 2 hours, till a skewer inserted in the cake-'s center emerges clean.
8) Let the cake cool in the tin for about 5 minutes and then turn it out onto a wire rack.
9) Take off the paper lining. Let the cake cool completely.
10) If you wish to freeze the cake for storage, it needs to be done at this point. Wrap the cooled cake in cling film and then pack it in a freezer bag. Seal, label and place in the freezer.
11) To serve the cake without freezing it, place the preparation on a decorative serving platter and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using frozen cake, remove it from the freezer and thaw in the wrappings for about 6 hours at room temperature. Transfer to a serving platter and serve. Makes a good dessert as well as an excellent tea/coffee accompaniment.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3786 Calories from Fat 1810
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 204 g313.3%
Saturated Fat 100.7 g503.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1001.7 mg333.9%
Sodium 969.4 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 421 g140.4%
Dietary Fiber 23 g92.2%
Sugars 226.5 g
Protein 76 g152.9%
Vitamin A 108.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 55% Iron 99.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet