Heavenly Angel Food Cake
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre heat an oven to 175C (350F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine both flours and sieve thrice. Keep aside.
3. In a large sized bowl, place egg whites. Beat well till foam stage.
4. Gradually add cream of tartar and beat well till stiff peak stage.
5. Add honey and beat once.
6. Add sieved flour and vanilla extract and fold gently using a rubber spatula.
7. Transfer mixture on to a 10 inch Bundt pan/ Tube pan (with removable attachment) and bake on middle rack in pre heated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or till done.
8. Once baked, remove from oven, invert on to a cooling rack and keep aside.
9. Once cooled, un mould using a knife on to serving platter and serve.