Be My Valentine Cake
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten till foam stage|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Instant nonfat dry milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Natural red food coloring||2 Drop|
1. Pre heat an oven at 162.5 C (325 F).
2. Line heart shaped 8 inch cake tin with wax paper cut in same shape. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour a baking powder. Sieve and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat till foam stage.
5. Add cream of tartar, honey and vanilla extract and beat till stiff peak stage.
6. In another bowl, combine egg yolk and water and beat well.
7. Add honey, vanilla extract and almond extract and beat well for 6 to 8 minutes.
8. Add sieved flour and mix well using a rubber spatula.
9. Add beaten egg whites and fold gently.
10. Transfer mixture on to lined baking tin and bake in pre heated oven for 30 minutes or till done.
11. Once baked, remove from oven and discard wax paper. Keep aside to cool.
12. Prepare frosting. In a medium sized bowl, combine beaten egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and honey.
13. Gradually add milk and colour and keep beating till egg whites reach stiff peak stage and glossy in appearance. (If frosting is too thick, add skim milk as required).
14. Place frosting in a disposable piping bag with star tip nozzle.
15. Pipe out stars around edges of cooked cake and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1258 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.7 mg81.2%
Sodium 1574.8 mg65.6%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 157.3 g
Protein 105 g210.8%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 19.9%
Calcium 307.1% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet