Chocolate Fruity Cake
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling, to finish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease one 8-inch cake tin and use greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment to line it.
3) Make a paste by mixing together the cocoa powder and hot water. Set aside to cool.
4) In a bowl, put the butter and sugar and beat well till the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the cocoa-milk paste and beat well.
5) Add the eggs, a little at a time, and beat well.
6) Fold in the sultanas and flour till the ingredients are all well blended.
7) Into the prepared tin, spoon the mixture and smooth the top.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
9) Turn the cake out and cool it on a wire rack.
10) If you want to freeze the cake, wrap it in cling film and then pack in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
11) To serve the cake without freezing, place it on a cake plate and sprinkle icing sugar all over. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using frozen cake, first remove the wrappings and thaw it at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2083 Calories from Fat 927
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g162.1%
Saturated Fat 62.8 g314.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 666.8 mg222.3%
Sodium 1604.4 mg66.8%
Total Carbohydrates 267 g89%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.2%
Sugars 163 g
Protein 30 g59.2%
Vitamin A 66.4% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 51.4% Iron 56.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet