Coffee Butterfly Cakes
|Victoria sandwich mixture||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2 quantity, All in One)|
|Coffee essence||1 Tablespoon|
|Self raising flour||3⁄4 Ounce|
|For butter cream icing|
|Icing sugar||3 Ounce, sifted|
|Coffee essence||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, out the Victoria Sandwich mixture. Beat in the flour and coffee till the ingredients are all evenly blended.
3) Between 14 to 16 paper bun cases, divide the batter equally.
4) On the second shelf from the top of the preheated oven, bake the cakes for 15 to 20 minutes, till well risen.
5) Move the cakes to a wire rack and let them cool.
6) If you wish to freeze the cakes, it needs to be done at this point. Flash freeze them first till they are firm and then pack them in a rigid container. Separate each layer with foil. Seal, label and freeze.
7) To make the icing, in a bowl, put all the required ingredients and beat well to mix thoroughly.
8) If using frozen cakes, thaw them at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours and then proceed to make the icing as directed in Step 7.
9) Slice the cakes-' tops off and then cut the tops in half.
10) On bottom half of the cakes, spread the icing and then press in the halved tops so that they form butterfly -€˜wings-'.
11) In the center of each cake, place a walnut half.
12) Place the Butterfly Cakes on a decorative serving plate and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. These make a delectable dessert and also an excellent party treat, especially for kids-' parties.