Red Raspberry Refrigerator Cake
|Plain gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope / 1 sheet)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), stiffly whipped|
|Angel cake||1 , cut into 1/2 inch slices|
1. Line a 9 inch x 5 inch x 2 ½ inch pan with angel cake slices. Keep aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine gelatin and cold water and soak for 5 minutes.
3. Add hot water and mix till gelatin dissolves.
4. Add sugar, salt, lemon juice and raspberries and mix well.
5. Refrigerate till it starts to set.
6. Once partially set, remove and whisk again.
7. Add stiff whipped cream and fold gently using a rubber spatula.
8. Transfer mixture on to lined pan and chill for minimum 2 hours in freezer and 1 hour in refrigerator or till set.
9. De mould on to serving plate and serve chilled.