Broken Glass Cake
|Graham wafers||18 , crushed|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red jelly powder||3 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Green jelly powder||3 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Lemon jelly powder||3 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Whipping cream||1 Pint|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine wafers, sugar, butter and lemon flavour. Mix well and transfer on to a 9 inch pie pan or springform pan.
2. Spread evenly and press gently. Refrigerate till required.
3. In a small bowl, combine red jelly powder and 1 ½ cups hot water. Mix well.
4. Pour on to a minimum ½ inch thick jelly pan and refrigerate till set.
5. Follow same procedure for remaining two jelly powders.
6. In a medium sized bowl, combine gelatin and cold water. Soak for 5 minutes.
7. Add hot water and mix well till gelatin dissolves.
8. Add pineapple juice and mix well.
9. Refrigerate till it starts to set.
10. Once set, remove and whisk again.
11. In a medium sized bowl, combine cream and sugar. Using an electric beater, beat well.
12. Add whisked pineapple juice mixture and refrigerate.
13. Once jelly is set, remove and cut into cubes.
14. In a chilled bowl, place all jelly cubes and top with flavoured pineapple whipped cream. Fold gently using a rubber spatula.
15. Transfer this mixture on to lined pan and chill for minimum 3 hours (2 hours in freezer and 1 hour in refrigerator) or till well set.
16. Once set, remove from mould, cut into wedges and serve chilled.
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.6 mg23.5%
Sodium 251.3 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 28.5 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 0.18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet